Friday, December 19, 2008

Essential Holiday Eating Tips

I'm sure a lot of you are as sick of me ranting on Holiday Eating as much as I am of writing it!

But we still have a bit of December do deal with. We just need to get through the next few weeks! And remember, we're not trying to loose any weight right now; just not gain any. Net Zero from November 1st to January 1st.

Right now, we just need to think clean.

Henry Ford wanted a V8 engine. Actually, he demanded a V8 engine. For years, his engineering team told him that it couldn't be done. It wasn't possible. The rest, of course is history as the V8 engine has been the most popular engine in automotive history.

Think Positive. Think Clean

Regarding the Holiday blues, Holiday stress, Holiday food fest, and the rest,

replace negative thoughts like ...
  • There’s nothing I can do to stay healthy during the holidays.
  • That’s just the way I am during the holidays.
  • The holidays make me feel so stressed.
  • I can’t take the time to work out until after the holidays.
  • I Can’t…………………I Must……………….If Only
... With proactive thoughts such as:
  • I’ll find alternatives to overindulging this happy season.
  • I can choose a different approach this year.
  • I control my own feelings at all times and I choose to feel great!
  • I want to take the time necessary to make sure I stay healthy during the holidays.
  • I Choose……………….I Prefer……………I Will
The point is: "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right either way."
-- HENRY FORD

A few concrete tips:

  • Substitute non fat yogurt or non fat cottage cheese for sour cream in cooking and recipes
  • Wear your tightest, most form fitting pants to dinner parties and/or tie a string around your waist under your shirt that will not budge with the bulge. They'll help keep you conscious of overeating.
  • Have a healthy, protein rich snack before going to cocktail or dinner parties. Or a meal replacement shake. The high fat content appetizers won't look so good of your not hungry.
  • Don't keep trigger foods in the house; just don't buy them!
  • Do not stop your regular exercise program. If you don’t have a regular exercise program, get one immediately!

No comments: